About Jersey Finance
Jersey Finance, which is run as a not-for-profit organisation, was formed in 2001 to represent and promote Jersey as an international financial centre (IFC) of excellence. We are funded by members of the local finance industry and the States of Jersey Government, and have offices in Jersey, Dubai, Hong Kong, representation in London, as well as virtual offices in Shanghai and Mumbai.
We are focussed on developing a better, more certain future for businesses, for the general public at home and abroad, and for the finance industry as a whole. By working with the right people, and creating a safe and secure environment for investors, Jersey can help to grow both local and international economies.
We are a central contact for journalists and anyone connected with the finance industry, both locally and internationally, as a source of comment, industry news and information. We provide positive and transparent news, views and insights on Jersey Finance's role and the added value that Jersey as an IFC can bring to economies around the world.
We work with key stakeholders to provide tools and resources that create opportunities for our finance industry professionals to successfully promote their individual organisations, products and services.
We also work closely with the Government of Jersey and the regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC), to ensure that the best interests of the finance industry are effectively represented, in terms of legislation, regulation and other key areas of innovation that can enhance our jurisdictional product and services offering.
Jersey Finance Mission Statement and Internal Values
To promote Jersey as the clear leader in future-focussed international finance.
To work with our Members to champion the competitive position of Jersey's finance industry - both locally and internationally - by advocating the highest regulatory standards and the most attractive products and services to suit the needs of global investors.
- Team work - Great things happen when we work together and through having trust and personal responsibility at the heart of all relationships.
- Key stakeholder service - Be passionate about stakeholder service and make a difference by taking pride in delivering quality and value for money.
- Knowledge - Strive for excellence whilst remaining responsive to change, being curious, learning, sharing and innovating.
- Behaviour - Make Jersey Finance a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best that they can be by communicating with impact and empathy, working with honesty and integrity, and respecting each other and our working environment.
- Accountability - Understand the need for financial stewardship of government and member funds, keep good records and maintain transparency, and be confident of scrutiny.