The current and previous governments have had a strong focus on the taxation of high value residential UK real estate, particularly when held indirectly or by non UK residents. As a result, there have been numerous changes and additions to the UK tax regime applicable to such property over the past few years and further changes are anticipated. These changes have had a number of practical implications for individuals purchasing, holding and selling UK property and for those advising or providing property related services to those individuals.
This event will provide an update and overview on:
- Increases in SDLT including in relation to non-natural persons and in relation to second properties;
- The annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED) and ATED related CGT;
- The taxation of offshore income and gains used as security for loans by remittance basis taxpayers;
- The extension of CGT for UK residential property to non-UK residents;
- Changes to Principal Private Residence Relief for CGT purposes; and
- Various IHT changes, including those relating to the deductibility of debts and excluded property.
For more information and to book, please click here.