Tuesday 24 Apr 2018, 12:30 - 19:00
Location: 8 Northumberland Avenue, London, UK
Pricing: £315 for Jersey Finance Members, complimentary for London delegates
Entitled ‘A Future Focus’, the 2018 Jersey Finance Annual London Funds Conference will bring together a range of world-class funds professionals to discuss the vital issues currently shaping the global funds landscape.
With the countdown to Brexit firmly on, the event will take an in-depth look at the challenges and opportunities arising from the biggest shift in the geopolitical landscape in recent history. In particular, our expert speakers will together examine what this means for Jersey’s funds industry in relation to Britain and the EU during the current period of uncertainty and in the post-Brexit future.
Other topics to be discussed include sovereign wealth funds, investment trends and pension funds, with the findings of Jersey Finance’s latest report, ‘Jersey for Institutional Investors’ to be presented.
The half-day event attracts a broad range of practitioners including lawyers, fund managers and other finance professionals, and provides excellent networking opportunities.
Click here to book now.
12.30 - Registration and Networking Lunch
13.30 - CEO Welcome
- Geoff Cook, Chief Executive, Jersey Finance
13.50 - Interview
- Brendan McMahon, Partner, PwC, to interview
- Marc St John, Partner, Investor Relations, CVC Capital Partners
14.20 - Discussion session – Future Growth
This panel session will look at the opportunities for the alternatives asset classes with a particular focus on the growing demands from governments, high-net-worth individuals and for pension funds. Experts in their fields will also take to the stage to discuss the innovations transforming the sector as well as look at how Jersey’s forward-thinking approach can help mitigate for the two biggest initiatives impacting the funds sector, namely the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and Brexit.
Moderator: Amy Bryant, Deputy CEO, Jersey Finance
- Tim Hames, Director General, BVCA
- Nick Holman, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Lisa Cawley, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
14.50 - Networking Afternoon Tea Break
15.30 - Discussion session – Ready for Change
This panel session will look at the major changes impacting the funds industry, with a particular focus on the real estate sector, in regard to both Brexit and European access and what these mean for Jersey. Our expert speakers will also discuss the far-reaching consequences of recent technological advancements, and the effect powerful shifts in demographics and human behaviour have on economies and the way consumers live.
Moderator: Michael Collins, CEO Invest Europe
- Senator Ian Gorst, Chief Minister of Jersey, Government of Jersey
- Sir Simon Fraser, Managing Partner, Flint Global
- Julian Jessop, Chief Economist, Institute of Economic Affairs
- Antonia Burgess, Independent Non-Executive Director
16.10 - Fireside Chat
- Geoff Cook, Chief Executive, Jersey Finance, to interview
- Mike Jones, Director of Policy, JFSC
- Jean-Marie Mognetti, Co-Principal, Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited
16.30 - Keynote
- Professor Nick Bostrom, Director, Future of Humanity Institute, University of Oxford
17.00 - Closing Remarks (Geoff Cook) followed by Networking Drinks Reception
19.00 - Event ends
Event Media Partners
8 Northumberland Avenue, London
8 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5BY