Jersey Finance is delighted to have collaborated with Trowers & Hamlins in a webinar discussing “Trends in Fund Structuring Regionally and Internationally”.
With multiple developments in the choices for fund structuring and the consequences of those choices, Jersey Finance and Trowers & Hamlins jointly hosted this webinar with the objective of providing useful insights relevant to fund promoters, asset managers, investors and industry professionals.
A wide ranging and interesting discussion covered:
- trends we are seeing in fund structuring and, in particular, funds domiciliation,
- key considerations for choosing fund structure and domicile and the increasing investor influence over such decisions,
- challenges faced in relation to regulatory developments across a number of jurisdictions as well as improvements and opportunities created,
- opportunities for European capital raising for regional investors,
- the effects of the Covid 19 pandemic on funds and the changing relationship between funds and their investors,
- new opportunities and structures offered in the GCC and internationally,
- certain sector specific issues to consider when establishing funds,
- the use of shari’ah compliant wrappers for conventional investments,
- challenges to the conventional fund model such as discretionary accounts and permanent capital funds
We were joined by other industry experts and insiders to enhance this interesting and wide ranging panel discussion.