Open to all Jersey Finance members, Put Simply: Cryptocurrency and Blockchain is a dedicated event for those seeking an introduction to cryptocurrency and blockchain through the lens of financial services.
Led by local experts Jon Day and Robbie Andrews, the event is a lunch and learn format covering:
- Introduction to cryptocurrency – the origin of Bitcoin, why someone would want to use cryptocurrency
- Introduction to blockchain – separating the coins and the tech, why blockchain technologies might be appropriate or not for future activity, and challenges facing blockchain in finance
- Mythbusting – going beyond the hype, price, and hacks
- Global positions – overview of different regulatory treatments
- Jersey’s proposition – exchanges, tokens, and funds
- Ask me anything – open Q&A session with attendees invited to submit questions to Adam Brown in advance
A sandwich lunch will be provided with attendees welcome to attend from 11.45 am to allow for a prompt midday start.
For those seeking an intermediate/advanced discussion on Cryptocurrency and Blockchain, a follow-up event is planned; you can submit topic suggestions or pre-register interest to Adam Brown.
For any questions regarding the event, please contact Jasmine Hamilton.