STEP JERSEY: Trusts, The Tax Man & Insolvency
The talk will be by Ben Rhodes and Neil Hoolahan, both of whom are Directors at Grant Thornton. These are two highly experienced insolvency practitioners and forensic accountants who have been appointed to wind up fiduciary structures or to investigate the conduct of trustees and directors of corporate service providers in Jersey and elsewhere.
Thursday 21 Sep 2017, 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm
The talk will highlight the following matters:
- The approach of HMRC and other tax offices
- Problems caused by a dominant settlor
- Trustee, director and administration conflicts of interest and failures
- Inadequate accounting records, minutes and working papers
- The meaning of Solvency and Insolvency
If you would like to learn more about this STEP Jersey event, please click here to visit their website.
Naomi Rive – Highvern
Smith & Williamson