Conference times: 12:30pm - 7pm
Welcome to the homepage for the Jersey Finance Annual Funds Conference 2015 in London.
The 'Winning Moves' event will be held at the award winning 8 Northumberland Avenue on the 19 March and will see broadcaster, journalist and author, Jeremy Paxman, question world class funds professionals as well as give a closing address.
The conference will provide compelling and in-depth insights into the global funds landscape provided by funds experts and is set to attract numerous practitioners including lawyers, fund managers and other finance professionals. There will also be plenty of opportunities to network at the drinks reception following the event.
To view highlights of last year's event Click here
12:30 - Registration and Networking Lunch
- Geoff Cook, Chief Executive, Jersey Finance
An introduction from your conference host, Jersey Finance.
- Gerard Lyons, Chief Economic Advisor to Boris Johnson.
- Simon Witney, International Funds, King & Wood Mallesons
Discussion - Navigating the Board – insights into the policies impacting the funds arena
This expert panel will discuss the nature of the challenges facing alternative fund domiciles and how, against this backdrop, Jersey has positioned itself as an innovative, accessible and stable jurisdiction. The panel will also discuss the global regulatory landscape with particular focus on ESMA’s call to evidence, the impact of BEPS and the effect of EU political issues on private equity structuring.
Jeremy Paxman, moderator
- Joe Moynihan, Director of Financial Services, the States of Jersey Government
- John Harris, Director General, The Jersey Finance Services Commission
- Ben Robins, Partner, Mourant Ozannes
- Lisa Cawley, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis International LLP
Networking Afternoon Tea Break
- Bill O'Neill, Head of CIO Research UK, UBS Wealth Management
Discussion - The Next Moves - fund managers’ response to an evolving landscape
This expert panel will discuss how, at a time when the global asset management industry is wrestling with economic volatility, shifting investor appetites and fragmented regulatory upheaval Jersey's alternative funds industry continues to thrive. The panel will also look at the development of the funds landscape globally, with discussion of the use of Jersey as a conduit for inward real estate and infrastructure investment from US, Middle East and Asian investors forming part of the session.
Jeremy Paxman, moderator
- Robert Milner, Partner, Carey Olsen
- Mike Newton, Managing Director, Private Equity and Real Estate at State Street
- Bridget Barker, Partner - Head of the Investment Management Group, Macfarlanes LLP
- Neil Robson, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Closing Remarks followed by Networking Drinks Reception
The Networking Drinks Reception will run until 7pm
Download Programme as PDF
Event Media Partners
8 Northumberland Avenue, London
8 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5BY
'Interesting and entertaining - a rare mix.'
Lorraine Johnston, Nabarro LLP
'Really impressed, very well organised and attended, interesting and will come again.'
Robert Dickson, Boost ETP
'Best one to date, Gillian Tett was an EXCELLENT moderator'
Andrea Goodman, Collas Crill
'Gillian Tett was brilliant!'
Philip Turner, Fladgate LLP