Together, we provide secure platforms that support future outbound African investment and encourage institutional investors to put their capital to work, through Jersey’s leading international finance centre.
Jersey plays a critical role as a facilitator of economic activity globally. Capital intermediated through Jersey supports £6 billion of Africa’s GDP and on average annually, between 2017 and 2020, capital intermediated in Jersey supported 916,000 jobs in Africa.
We work with a whole range of national and international financial services firms based in Jersey. Browse our business directory for more information, or to search for a specific organisation.
Our Work with Africa:
- Enhancements to Jersey’s charities law mean we can support philanthropic initiatives
- To support private sector financing of infrastructure projects, Jersey provides a stable jurisdiction to raise capital
- We’re developing new opportunities for Jersey firms in Africa and are continually fostering new relationships by attending, sponsoring or hosting multiple events throughout the continent, for the benefit of our Africa-focussed Member Firms
- Jersey’s excellent relations with the City of London mean we’re able to offer a variety of structuring solutions to UK/Africa investment(s)
- The Jersey authorities have sought to engage with the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) and other international bodies on how we can support developing countries to enhance their revenue, raising capacity and tackling issues of financial crime
- Jersey has developed a significant tax information exchange agreement (TIEA) network with various jurisdictions including South Africa and Kenya.
- The Jersey Financial Services Commission (Jersey’s regulator) has agreed a memorandum of understanding with the Bank Supervision Department of the South African Reserve Bank and the Financial Services Board of the Republic of South Africa
Keep up to date on the latest developments with our Africa-related factsheets.
Africa’s Jersey Connectivity
Watch our video to find out more about Jersey’s strong relationship with South Africa.
Watch this short video highlighting Jersey’s credentials for South African fund managers.
Watch our short film featuring leading experts in Kenya to discover why Jersey’s international finance centre is of growing interest in the region.
Our business development directors provide bi-annual updates on Africa business development activities, events, visits and other marketing activities to our Community of Interest (CofI) Group, which comprises of Members of Jersey Finance who are focussed on doing business in Africa.
To find out more about working together and joining this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org