Appleby secures listings for eight individuals from five different jurisdictions in Who’s Who Legal Asset Recovery
Appleby, one of the world’s largest providers of offshore legal, fiduciary and administration services, has snapped up the largest number of listings in the latest Who’s Who Legal Asset Recovery with top lawyers based in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, the BVI, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Who's Who Legal identifies the foremost legal practitioners in business law based upon comprehensive, independent research. This fourth edition of Who's Who Legal: Asset Recovery selects 341 practitioners from 202 firms across 74 jurisdictions as leaders in this field of law.
The Appleby listings include:
- John Wasty (Partner) who is listed as “exceptional” and praised for his “first-class litigation skills”.
- John Riihiluoma (Partner) listed as being known for his “commitment and professionalism” and comes highly recommended by clients and peers.
- Andrew Willins (Partner) “stands out” for his work in this field and appears regularly before the High Court of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court. He has recently appeared on behalf of Congo Mineral Developments in its US$2 billion claim relating to the expropriation of mining rights in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Jeremy Walton (Partner) who specialises in asset tracing and recovery work and is considered an “esteemed” figure in the market. His recent experience includes acting for Maan Al-Sanea in a high profile multibillion-dollar fraud claim, which is currently the largest piece of litigation in the Grand Court (Financial Services Division) of the Cayman Islands.
- Andrew Bolton (Partner) described as boasting an “impressive” practice in which he acts for a variety of clients in matters relating to contentious insolvency and fraud.
- Christopher Russell is an “eminent” lawyer who remains “in high demand” thanks to his wide-ranging experience in this field. He has been involved in a number of high-profile cases including Brunei Investment Agency v Prince Jefri Bolkiah.
Isle of Man:
- Mark Holligon (Partner) is an “extremely accomplished” practitioner. His expertise covers freezing orders, ancillary relief and general civil fraud matters.
- Fraser Robertson (Partner) is described as being a “trusted adviser” to a number of companies and individuals in the asset recovery market. His client base includes trust companies that require his expertise in trust disputes involving money-laundering issues.
For further information please contact:
Sarah Stone, Global Head of Communications
+44 (0) 1534 818 467