Jersey International Business School has moved in less than one year from being a training brokerage to a Business School of substance with its own faculty of professional trainers.
Having opened its doors in March 2010, the Business School has trained over 1500 students studying for professional qualifications or continuing professional development needs.
‘’Particularly in times of recession, experience shows that employers who continue to invest in the learning and development of their employees emerge from recession stronger and much better able to take advantage of the upturn’’ says Stephen Platt, Director of the Business School.
Located in the heart of St. Helier, JIBS remains the exclusive provider of a host of globally recognised qualifications including the Central Law Training (CLT) programmes leading to the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners qualifications (STEP) and the International Compliance Association (ICA) qualifications, and those from the Institute of Directors (IoD). The Business School is rapidly developing a reputation for excellence in meeting the Island’s learning and development needs and was recently the nominated centre in Jersey for two new degree programmes awarded by The University of Manchester Business School. The degree programmes commence in June 2011, with a closing date for enrolments on 25 March 2011.
Bill Howarth, Chief Executive Officer of the ICA, will be at JIBS Monday 24 January to answer your questions in the Free Information Sessions:
• BSc (Hons) Management with Trust and Estates 12pm-1pm & repeated 2pm-4pm
• BSc (Hons) with Compliance 1.30pm-2.30pm
Stephen continues, “In 2011, the Business School will offer 29 Professional Qualifications, 2 degrees, 6 Certified Awareness Programmes, e-Learning and 35 Short Courses. Combined with our in-company training solutions we can claim to be a leader in the provision of business education in the Channel Islands”
New initiatives for 2011 include:
• The Index is now set up to handle professional qualifications and training options by subject matter for easy access
• Implementation of a ‘No Cancellations or Postponements policy’ on JIBS short courses or Awareness Programmes (subject to a minimum of three delegate bookings)
• A series of new tax training courses
• A series of in-company Board Room Development Seminars
• PCIAM, CII Diploma and RO1-RO6 qualifications in response to the RDR