Jersey Finance is hosting a specially arranged morning seminar in Jersey next week as a follow up to the anticipated announcement of the draft AIFMD Level II implementation measures for the European alternative fund industry.
Leading regulators will debate the implications for the offshore marketplace of the EU’s Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) alongside senior UK and Jersey based practitioners.
Participants include representatives from the UK’s Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the regulatory wing of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC) and senior practitioners in the funds and asset management sectors in London, France and Jersey.
In addition to direct feedback from the regulators about the implications of the Directive and the Draft Level II implementation measures, a panel session will debate the measures and explore the opportunities and challenges for Jersey.
Geoff Cook, chief executive, Jersey Finance Limited, who will host the event, commented:
“Jersey is exceptionally well placed at a strategic level to move forward with development of its AIFMD compliant regime, together with the adoption of a flexible regime to provide genuine choice.
Today’s event is one of the first opportunities to debate the implications of the Level II draft proposals which will help set the agenda about how finance jurisdictions respond, now that increasing details about the contents of the Directive are available for review. And we are very privileged to hear the views of such expert international regulators and practitioners first-hand.’
Those taking part are
- Giles Swan, FSA Lead, Collective Investment Schemes Policy Team;
- Alain Dubois, Chairman, Lxyor Asset Management;
- Anne Holm Rannaleet, Senior Advisor and Chairman of the Industrial Advisory Board, IK Investment Partners;
- Florence Fontan, head of public affairs, BNP Paribas Securities Services;
- Anna Larris, Associate Director, Head of Asset Management Regulation, AIMA,
- James Grieg, Partner, PWC Legal LLP;
- Brendan McMahon, Partner, Global Asset Management, Private Equity Leader, PwC CI LLP, Jersey and
- John Harris, Director General, JFSC.
The morning seminar entitled ‘Jersey embraces AIFMD’ takes place at the Hotel de France starting at 10.00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 20. Only a few delegate places remain available and those interested in attending from either the UK or Jersey should contact Claire Wilby firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 01534 836001