The Jersey legal and regulatory environment is flexible and sophisticated, catering for the needs of small local charities as well as global philanthropic enterprises, whilst at the same time ensuring they provide the appropriate and expected levels of governance and accountability.
This helps to ensure that whilst the public continues to be protected, charitable organisations can run as efficiently as possible in a structured governance environment and maximise their positive impact.
Jersey is a world leader in providing attractive and flexible charitable and non-profit vehicles and structuring options for philanthropic purposes including:
- An established trusts and private wealth industry
- Flexible companies legislation and optionality including guarantee companies
- A variety of limited partnership structures
- Unincorporated and incorporated associations
- An innovative foundations law
The same benefits and expertise that Jersey offers to facilitate global capital flows in areas such as funds and private wealth, can and are being applied to not for profit enterprises and distributions, namely:
- Breadth and depth of service providers and advisers – There are almost 14,000 banking, accounting, legal, investment management, wealth management, administration and fund management advisers/employees in Jersey
- Experienced charitable, environmental and social impact investment community
- Innovative in the provision of philanthropic services
- A sophisticated product offering
- A robust and well regarded legal and regulatory regime and judicial system
- Economic and political stability
- Proximity and connectivity to the UK and Europe