We ask our Members to tell us about:
- their current headcount and vacancies;
- estimated increase/decrease in headcount over the next 12 months and the next three years (including type of role, level of new hire and sector);
- anticipated on-island vs off-island new hires;
- anticipated licence requirements;
- soft skills required; and
- digital priorities and skills required.
The information collected through the survey:
- is aggregated, extrapolated and formally presented to the Housing and Working Advisory Group (HAWAG), as well as to the heads of the trade associations in a written report;
- helps key stakeholders understand your business and resourcing needs;
- helps shape policy and support in this respect;
- is used as supporting evidence when we respond to questions from the media, the Government of Jersey and/or the scrutiny panels in respect of the financial services workforce; and
- is shared back to our Members after the results have been presented to HAWAG.
(The HAWAG group currently includes the Ministers for Housing and Social Security, and the Assistant Minister for Economic Development along with senior civil servants in those departments. HAWAG meet approximately every two weeks to consider applications, and to develop polices in support of the Control of Housing & Work (Jersey) Law 2012)