Speaking to the pair about the recent Novelis green bond issue and exploring how Jersey and TISE can support the growth of the global sustainable debt capital markets, David poses a range of questions to our guests, including:
- What is a green bond? And how does it differ from a regular bond issue?
- What is the Novelis deal? And what attracts issuers like Novelis to list on TISE?
- What requirements are there for listing on the TISE Green segment?
- How does TISE help to build investor trust around Green Bonds and ensure market integrity?
- Are we seeing convergence and the emergence of a ‘global standard’ of green bond frameworks and regulation?
- What developments will we see in terms of the overlap between ESG and debt capital markets? And how can Jersey support this?
The International Stock Exchange (TISE) is a key part of Jersey’s financial services infrastructure and especially its offering within the debt capital markets. TISE is a leading European professional bond market, with more than 3,000 listed bonds and whose total market value exceeds £400 billion, and home to an established green market segment, TISE GREEN. Reflecting wider market trends, this is evolving to a broader and more comprehensive sustainable market segment, TISE Sustainable, from 5 July 2021. More information can be found here.
Ogier provides practical advice on BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg law through our global network of offices across the Asian, Caribbean and European time zones. With a growing team of more than 500 people around the world, Ogier act for the leading global financial institutions, investment managers and corporate entities and are also instructed by many leading global law firms and other intermediaries. Ogier are a registered listing agent for TISE and frequently advise companies listing on other exchanges, whether offshore or onshore.