Technical Update February 2019
February was a further month dominated, from a legislative and regulatory perspective, by Brexit. The unresolved stand-off in Westminster around the Withdrawal Agreement has continued to monopolize the political agenda. Meanwhile, we have seen a further flow of legislation, statutory instruments and guidance setting out the preparations for all Brexit scenarios.
Responding to the evolving situation, Jersey's Government and the JFSC issued a Dear CEO letter encouraging firms to step-up their Brexit planning.
Other highlights in this edition include:
• the second JFSC consultation of 2019, on IB Fees
• publication of the JFSC's 2019 Business Plan
• launch of Jersey's EU Settlement Scheme
• the EU's list of high-risk countries for AMLD4
• political agreement on outstanding EU financial services files