Jersey Finance has a 12 months’ vacancy for a Brand and Communication Manager from Monday 2 March 2020. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will play a key part in managing the effective delivery of multi-channel communications programmes and PR programmes, in particular for our funds and banking propositions. You will work closely with the Marketing team and a wide range of external senior stakeholders to ensure that our communications strategy is optimised for our various audiences both in Jersey and in our key markets worldwide. If you have experience of the finance industry and a proven background in Marketing, we would like to hear from you. Working hours negotiable.
Jersey Finance is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2001 to represent and promote Jersey as an international finance centre of excellence. It has offices in Jersey, Dubai, Hong Kong and New York, representation in London, as well as virtual offices in Shanghai and Mumbai. Jersey is one of the world’s leading international finance centres. Its forward-thinking approach, robust regulatory framework and political and economic stability have kept the jurisdiction at the forefront of global finance for more than 50 years. Attracting the brightest talent and with an impressive range of products and services, Jersey gives an unparalleled welcome to businesses and investors alike.
We are a multi-channel marketing organisation with an increasing emphasis on brand strategy, digital, social media, and CRM. Our primary focus is to proactively communicate the many factors that set Jersey apart as a leading international finance centre across our key target markets of the UK, Europe, Greater China, Africa, the Gulf Region, and North America.
We work with key stakeholders such as finance industry professionals to provide tools and resources that create opportunities for the successful promotion of their individual organisations, products and services. We also work closely with the Government of Jersey and the regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission, to ensure that the best interests of the finance industry are effectively represented, in terms of legislation, regulation and other key areas of innovation that can enhance our jurisdictional product and services offering. Jersey Finance is a central point of contact for journalists and anyone connected with the finance industry, both locally and internationally, providing positive and transparent news, views and insights on Jersey Finance’s role and the added value that Jersey as an international finance centre can bring to economies around the world.
The role has a high profile within the financial services industry demanding an individual with excellent marketing, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of compelling marketing activity across a wide range of media in support of Jersey Finance’s overall strategy and business plan. The post holder will need to be able to operate as part of a highly focused team using a wide range of marketing media to communicate to audiences in our target markets, thereby ensuring Jersey’s finance industry maintains a high profile and continues to thrive. The post holder will benefit from close engagement with the financial services industry in Jersey with contacts made and maintained with leading Government, JFSC and industry personnel.
- Planning and delivery of innovative integrated communications programmes to support the development of target sectors (in particular, our funds and banking proposition), projects and/or markets, including working with agency partners and Jersey Finance Business Development, Strategic Projects and Technical functions
- Handling of media enquiries, drafting press statements, briefing notes and support for media and/ or governmental engagements
- Create and implement marketing communications elements of selected Jersey Finance events, in particular to support the funds and banking propositions, both locally, in the UK and other target markets as required
- Collation and analysis of activity to optimise performance, ensuring consistency with brand and verbal strategy and that activity is optimised for digital
- An individual who holds a relevant qualification such as a related first degree and /or a qualification from a recognised professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) is desired
- Excellent marketing, interpersonal and organisational skills, as well as an eye for detail and the ability to manage a broad portfolio of work
- Previous experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Financial services
- Marketing communications
- Public / media relations
- Programme / project management
- IT skills, including a high proficiency in MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint and social platforms of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- A strong team player but capable of working on own initiative
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter supporting your application to:
Allannah Camsell, Office Manager, at Jersey Finance, 4th floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House, 48-50 Esplanade, St Helier JE2 3QB or email email@example.com for more information.