We’re hiring! Jersey Finance has a full-time vacancy for a Marketing and Communications Manager. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will manage and implement the delivery of innovative, integrated communication programmes, with a particular focus on our African regional activity, to ensure Jersey’s finance industry maintains a high profile and continues to thrive internationally. You will work closely with our Business Development team as well as close engagement with our Member firms, our strategic local and international partners and media agencies to deliver high quality, timely and relevant content to support our marketing objectives. So if you have an excellent understanding of marketing fundamentals, branding and copywriting and are able to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter supporting your application to Allannah Camsell, Senior Operations Manager, Jersey Finance, 4th floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House, 48-50 Esplanade, St Helier, JE2 3QB, or email email@example.com for more information.
Jersey Finance is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2001 to represent and promote Jersey as an international finance centre of excellence. It has offices in Jersey, Dubai, Hong Kong and New York, representation in London, Johannesburg and Shanghai as well as a virtual office in Mumbai. Jersey is one of the world’s leading international finance centres. Its forward-thinking approach, robust regulatory framework and political and economic stability have kept the jurisdiction at the forefront of global finance for 60 years. Attracting the brightest talent and with an impressive range of products and services, Jersey gives an unparalleled welcome to businesses and investors alike.
We are a multi-channel marketing organisation with an increasing emphasis on brand strategy, digital, social media, and CRM. Our primary focus is to proactively communicate the many factors that set Jersey apart as a leading international finance centre across our key target markets of the UK, Europe, Greater China, Africa, the GCC, and North America.
We work with key stakeholders such as finance industry professionals to provide tools and resources that create opportunities for the successful promotion of their individual organisations, products and services.
We also work closely with the Government of Jersey and the regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission, to ensure that the best interests of the finance industry are effectively represented, in terms of legislation, regulation and other key areas of innovation that can enhance our jurisdictional product and services offering.
We are a central point of contact for journalists and anyone connected with the finance industry, both locally and internationally, providing positive and transparent news, views and insights on Jersey Finance’s role and the added value that Jersey as an international finance centre can bring to economies around the world.
The role has a high profile within the financial services industry demanding an individual with excellent marketing, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of compelling marketing activity across a wide range of media in support of Jersey Finance’s overall strategy and business plan.
The post holder will need to be able to operate as part of a highly focused team using a wide range of marketing media to communicate to audiences in our target markets thereby ensuring Jersey’s finance industry maintains a high profile and continues to thrive. The post holder will benefit from close engagement with the financial services industry in Jersey with contacts made and maintained with leading Government, JFSC and industry personnel.
- Planning and delivery of innovative integrated communications programmes to support the development of target sectors, projects and/or markets, including working with agency partners and Jersey Finance Business Development, Strategic Projects and Legal &Technical functions
- Handling of media enquiries, drafting press statements, briefing notes and support for media and/ or governmental engagements
- Create and implement marketing communications elements of selected Jersey Finance’s events programme, both locally, in the UK and other target markets as required
- Collation and analysis of activity to optimize performance, ensuring consistency with brand and verbal strategy and that activity is optimized for digital
- An individual who holds or is willing to work towards a relevant qualification such as a related first degree and /or a qualification from a recognised professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
- Excellent marketing, interpersonal and organisational skills as well as an eye for detail and the ability to manage a broad portfolio of work
- Previous relevant experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Financial services
- Marketing communications
- Public / media relations
- Programme / project management
- IT skills including a high proficiency in MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint and social platforms of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- A strong team player but capable of working on own initiative