Looking to explore the world of events and marketing?
Jersey Finance has a vacancy for an Events and Marketing Assistant. Reporting to the Global Event Manager, you will play a key part in supporting our extensive event programme, as well as supporting the wider marketing team. So, if you have a great attitude and a willingness to learn, a creative mind and are a true team player, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter supporting your application to Allannah Camsell Office Manager, Jersey Finance, 4th floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House, 48-50 Esplanade, St Helier, JE2 3QB, or email email@example.com for more information.
Jersey Finance is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2001 to represent and promote Jersey as an international finance centre of excellence. It has offices in Jersey, Dubai, Hong Kong and New York, representation in London and Shanghai, as well as a virtual office in Mumbai. Jersey is one of the world’s leading international finance centres. Its forward-thinking approach, robust regulatory framework and political and economic stability have kept the jurisdiction at the forefront of global finance for 60 years. Attracting the brightest talent and with an impressive range of products and services, Jersey gives an unparalleled welcome to businesses and investors alike.
We are a multi-channel marketing organisation with an increasing emphasis on brand strategy, digital, social media, and CRM. Our primary focus is to proactively communicate the many factors that set Jersey apart as a leading international finance centre across our key target markets of the UK, Europe, Greater China, Africa, the GCC, and North America.
We work with key stakeholders such as finance industry professionals to provide tools and resources that create opportunities for the successful promotion of their individual organisations, products and services.
We also work closely with the Government of Jersey and the regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission, to ensure that the best interests of the finance industry are effectively represented, in terms of legislation, regulation and other key areas of innovation that can enhance our jurisdictional product and services offering.
We are a central point of contact for journalists and anyone connected with the finance industry, both locally and internationally, providing positive and transparent news, views and insights on Jersey Finance’s role and the added value that Jersey as an international finance centre can bring to economies around the world.
The role demands an individual with good administrative, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Global Events Manager, the post holder will need to be able to operate as part of a highly focused team dealing with an extensive program of events as well as a wide range of marketing activity to support Jersey Finance’s overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
- Has a great attitude, is confident and willing to learn quickly, with a good eye for detail and understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of events and marketing, in particular events and brand awareness.
- Experience in a marketing environment or completed/working towards a marketing qualification.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple projects within timescales and budget and dealing with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate clearly and accurately in both written and verbal forms.
- IT skills and experience of using programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Assisting the Global Events Manager to research, evaluate and select event opportunities in accordance with the wider JFL Business Plan including physical and virtual opportunities.
- Developing effective working relationships with key suppliers and Member firms.
- Assisting with the promotion of events, including speaker invitations, delegate/member communications and digital communications as well as co-ordination of panel calls, pre-recording and other event-related meetings, for allocated events.
- Events specific administration, including selecting venues, booking travel and accommodation, audiovisual set up, food and beverage selection, on-site setup and facilitation as well as attendance at events locally and internationally when required.
- Responsibility for the integrity of the events section of the JFL website and other relevant pages, for optimal performance based on the activity, performance reports and KPI information.
- To coordinate the delivery of events merchandise and brochureware and the booking of stands for all third party and JFL own events as well as general stock management duties.
- Ensuring that the internal systems used for virtual events are all set up correctly.
- To support the planning, management and delivery of all other JFL own and third party events.
- Responsible for the accurate recording, updating and maintaining of all internal systems, processes and planning documentation, including the events inbox and delegate lists, as well as a good understanding of budget/invoice management.
Assisting the wider team:
- CRM system support, including data mining, reports and monitoring of contacts from 3rd party events.
- Branding of all events related material, such as presentations, sponsorship brochures event-specific videos and production crew branding requirements.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the events sections of the new Jersey Finance app.
- Website quarterly report analysis and recommendations for the KPI dashboard.
- Wider marketing assistance for the team.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter supporting your application to:
Allannah Camsell, Office Manager, at Jersey Finance, 4th floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House, 48-50 Esplanade, St Helier JE2 3QB or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.