Jersey Finance is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2001 to represent and promote Jersey as an international finance centre of excellence. It has offices in Jersey, Dubai, Hong Kong and New York, representation in London, as well as virtual offices in Shanghai and Mumbai. Jersey is one of the world’s leading international finance centres (IFCs). Its forward-thinking approach, robust regulatory framework and political and economic stability have kept the jurisdiction at the forefront of global finance for more than 50 years. Attracting the brightest talent and with an impressive range of products and services, Jersey gives an unparalleled welcome to businesses and investors alike.
We are a multi-channel marketing organisation with an increasing emphasis on brand strategy, digital, social media, and CRM. Our primary focus is to proactively communicate the many factors that set Jersey apart as a leading international finance centre across our key target markets of the UK, Europe, Greater China, Africa, the GCC, and North America.
We work with key stakeholders such as finance industry professionals to provide tools and resources that create opportunities for the successful promotion of their individual organisations, products and services.
We also work closely with the Government of Jersey and the regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission, to ensure that the best interests of the finance industry are effectively represented, in terms of legislation, regulation and other key areas of innovation that can enhance our jurisdictional product and services offering.
We are a central point of contact for journalists and anyone connected with the finance industry, both locally and internationally, providing positive and transparent news, views and insights on Jersey Finance’s role and the added value that Jersey as an international finance centre can bring to economies around the world.
The role has a high profile within the financial services industry, demanding an individual with excellent administrative, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. In addition, they will need to have a solid understanding of key legislative and regulatory frameworks and their impact on the financial services sector. The post holder should have a relevant level of experience in a legal or professional role, preferably with a background in professional services.
The post holder will need to be able to operate as part of a highly focused team dealing with a wide range of issues to ensure Jersey’s finance industry continues to develop and thrive through the efforts of this representative body.
The successful candidate will be involved in matters across the entire financial services spectrum, developing close working relationships with key figures in industry, government and the regulator, both benefitting from their insight and having the opportunity to influence decision-makers on matters of legislative and regulatory policy.
- An individual with a professional qualification and relevant experience in a legal or professional role, preferably with experience in dealing with matters affecting the financial services industry.
- The ability to assimilate complex issues and articulate these in an appropriate fashion to different audiences.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to manage complex projects within predetermined timescales dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate clearly and accurately in both written and verbal forms.
- A strong team player but capable of working on own initiative.
Supporting the Head of Technical in the following areas:
- Acting as a focal point for communication between industry, regulator and Government, including attendance at trade association meetings, Government meetings, functions and training events;
- Assisting Government and regulator in the preparation and dissemination of public and restricted consultations and encouraging and documenting industry responses and engagement with those consultations;
- Preparing and delivering legislative, regulatory and market updates and technical briefings (both written and verbal);
- Coordinating and chairing Jersey Finance Working Groups, focused on legislative amendment, and representing industry in subsequent discussions with policy makers, law draftsmen and Ministers;
- Conducting focused research on relevant legislative and regulatory issues and preparing high quality reports for internal and external use.
- Respond to requests for information and research regional issues of which the overseas representatives have been made aware, as directed.
- Monitor developments in other jurisdictions on legislative and regulatory matters affecting the financial services industry and assist with production of the international tracker maintained by Jersey Finance.
- As needed, support the Community of Interest Groups (currently China, GCC, Africa and North America), to maintain awareness of regional issues and to meet members active in those regions.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter supporting your application to:
Allannah Camsell, Office Manager, at Jersey Finance, 4th floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House, 48-50 Esplanade, St Helier JE2 3QB or email email@example.com for more information.