We’re hiring! Starting out on your career journey and looking to explore the world of marketing?
Jersey Finance has a vacancy for a Marketing Assistant from September 2019 – February 2020. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in managing our email and social media platforms, as well as ensuring the integrity of our website and shaping our digital, video and social strategy. You will also support the wider marketing team with our education programme and assist with managing our brand online and offline.
If you have a great attitude and a willingness to learn, a creative mind and are digitally savvy, we want to hear from you!
Job title: Marketing Assistant
Organisation: Jersey Finance Limited
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Based in: Jersey
Background to Jersey Finance
Jersey Finance is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2001 to represent and promote Jersey as an international finance centre of excellence. It has offices in Jersey, Dubai, Hong Kong and New York, representation in London, as well as virtual offices in Shanghai and Mumbai. Jersey is one of the world’s leading international finance centres. Its forward-thinking approach, robust regulatory framework and political and economic stability have kept the jurisdiction at the forefront of global finance for more than 50 years. Attracting the brightest talent and with an impressive range of products and services, Jersey gives an unparalleled welcome to businesses and investors alike.
We are a multi-channel marketing organisation with an increasing emphasis on brand strategy, digital, social media, and CRM. Our primary focus is to proactively communicate the many factors that set Jersey apart as a leading international finance centre across our key target markets of the UK, Europe, Greater China, Africa, the Gulf Region, and North America.
We work with key stakeholders such as finance industry professionals to provide tools and resources that create opportunities for the successful promotion of their individual organisations, products and services.
We also work closely with the Government of Jersey and the regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission, to ensure that the best interests of the finance industry are effectively represented, in terms of legislation, regulation and other key areas of innovation that can enhance our jurisdictional product and services offering.
We are a central point of contact for journalists and anyone connected with the finance industry, both locally and internationally, providing positive and transparent news, views and insights on Jersey Finance’s role and the added value that Jersey as an international finance centre can bring to economies around the world.
Overview of Role
The role has a high profile within the Jersey Finance team, demanding an individual with good administrative, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the post holder will need to be able to operate as part of a highly focused team dealing with a wide range of marketing activity to support Jersey Finance’s overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Has a great attitude, is confident and willing to learn quickly, with a good eye for detail and understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of marketing, in particular digital and social platforms and branding.
- Experience in a marketing environment and/or working towards a marketing qualification.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple projects within timescales and budget and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate clearly and accurately in both written and verbal forms.
- IT skills, social media knowledge and experience of using programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign (preferable) and Photoshop.
Supporting the Digital Marketing Manager in the following areas:
- Analysis of online performance data to optimise website and social channels
- Supporting the evolution of our digital, social and video strategy based on digital audit outcomes
- Implementation of live chat functionality
- Annual membership campaign
- Responding to daily content requests for website (Member account issues, blogs, news and press release posting)
- Daily monitoring of the Jersey Finance inbox
Assisting the wider team:
- Branding of PowerPoint presentations, banner creation and collateral refreshes
- Regular monitoring of stock
- Scheduling, creation and testing of all marketing email campaigns and scheduling social posts on various platforms
- Assisting with the Jersey Finance education outreach programme including school presentations
To apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter supporting your application to:
Allannah Camsell, Office Manager, at Jersey Finance, 4th floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House, 48-50 Esplanade, St Helier JE2 3QB or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.