The event teams plan and organise promotional, business and social events.
They are responsible for running a range of events, ensuring the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed accordingly.
Events play a big part in the success of a brand or an organisation.
Events teams in the financial services organise conferences, seminars and exhibitions, as well as social functions and other corporate events. An event manager will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of a team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing online events such as webinars
- Responsible for implementing an international event program
- Budgetary and revenue management
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors
- Administrative and IT skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Relevant university degree
- Event Planning qualification
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification
- Event Assistant/Manager
- Head of Events
- Head of Sales and Events
- Business Development Assistant/Director
"I love my job working in event management as every day is completely different and I get to travel around the world working with different venues, people and cultures. The best skills I have learnt from my job in event management are organisation, people and communication skills, which will always be useful."