What is Fintech?
Fintech is a combination of financial services and technology. It is finding unique and innovative ways to take advantage of emerging technologies, to disrupt the existing financial services offerings and change the way we automate the delivery and use of financial services.
Several sub-sectors of fintech also, these focus on specific areas and solutions, examples include:
- Regtech (regulatory technology);
- Wealthtech (wealth management technology); and
- Fundstech (funds technology).
Fintech in financial services
Fintech is utilised to help companies, business owners and consumers better manage their financial operations, processes by specialised software used on computers and smartphones. Fintech could be used by a financial services company to automate or make behind the scenes process improvements, or it could be used as part of a client proposition such as an app or portal.
Jersey’s fintech scene has emerged to support the Islands finance sector, you could work in any of the following areas:
- Analytics, data, and information management
- Banking and payments
- Digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain
- Enabling services, hosting, and support
- Lending and alternative finance
What skills do you need?
- Financial services expertise
- Knowledge of current technologies and trends
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Programming skills
- Process engineering and workflow management
Qualifications to consider
- Relevant work experience in Computing, Computer Science or Software Engineering, or Development
- Certificates in Finance or Technology
- Degrees of equivalent in Finance or Technology
Some career opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Software or application developer
- Systems, User Acceptance, and Security Tester
- Graphic and user experience specialist
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Product Manager
Are you ready to kick-start your career in Fintech? Find out more about Jersey companies who offer positions in this area.