What is investment management?
Investment management is the process of professionally managing the various financial securities and assets belonging to an investor, for the purpose of earning maximum benefits.
Investment Management in financial services
In the finance industry, an investment professional provides research and information to help traders, fund managers and stockbrokers make decisions about investments. They also help to manage portfolio and highlight potential investment opportunities.
You could work in the following areas:
- Charitable Organisations
- Real Estate
- Wealth Management
What skills do you need?
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork skills
- Numerical skills
- Project and time management ability
- The ability to research, analyse and evaluate
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications to consider
- Relevant university degree
- CISI qualification
- Relevant work experience
Some career opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Investment Analyst
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Financial Analyst
- Fund Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Risk Manager
- Asset Manager