What is Information Technology (IT)?
IT covers anything related to computing technology, hardware, software, the Internet, as well as referring to the people that make sure they are all implemented and working properly. Financial services is one of the biggest employers of IT professionals in the world, with companies such as Digital Jersey using the latest financial tech wherever possible.
What’s IT like in financial services?
You could work in any of the following areas:
- Areas of development (such as web, systems, products, programs and software)
- Business continuity (systems or technical)
- Administrator and maintenance (of databases or networks)
What skills do you need?
- Understanding of a range of programming languages
- Readiness to embrace rapid technological changes
- Excellent mathematics and numeracy skills
- Ability to understand complex numerical data
- Problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Team work and leadership skills
What qualifications do you need?
- Relevant university degree
- Industry recognised ICT qualifications like Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or ITIL certification