|Salary: To be negotiated|
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• To work independently but under the direction of the Client Accounting Manager.
• Daily Bookkeeping
• Reconciliation: bank accounts, agent accounts, broker accounts, investments portfolios and tax reports etc.
• Year end accounts preparation.
• Occasional payment instructions preparation.
• Preparation of client financial statements when requested.
• Spreadsheet analysis using Microsoft Excel as requested on an ad hoc basis
• Assist the inhouse Baccata practice team on a case by case basis as required
• Comply with internal policies and procedures as well as current legislation in respect of the current TCB Codes of Practice.
• Attend CPD training in accordance with regulatory requirements and ensure that the same is adequate and relevant to the role and this job description.
• Liaising with relevant departments of the Baccata Group (such as I.T./HR/Compliance) appropriately.
Key skills and experience requirements
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the Jersey trust industry as a bookkeeper /client accountant .
• Must have entitled to work status in Jersey (i.e. minimum 5 years in Jersey).
• Fully qualified to meet Category B requirements as described in the JFSC Codes of Practice for TCB.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• An understanding of Jersey trust, company, foundation and limited partnership law as well as knowledge of relevant Jersey and UK tax issues, financial markets and the world economy.
• A keen awareness of risk issues in the context of fiduciary responsibilities.
• Motivated and driven with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Experience in using TrustQuay and eDocs (document management system) (not essential as training will be given).
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good team working skills.
• Good keyboard skills.
• Good numeracy skills.
• High degree of accuracy.
• Proactive approach and ability to work using initiative within boundaries.
• A team player.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality.