Description of the Business Line or Department
The Client Data Team forms part of the Operations function of the Bank and is based in Jersey and London and services client facing teams in multiple jurisdictions.
The Team is responsible for the accurate and timely onboarding of new clients which are generally HNW and often international or corporate/trusts. The team is required to conduct a thorough assessment of the client documentation to ensure compliance with internal compliance and regulatory requirements, working closely with the CRMs, Operational Tax Reporting and Compliance, and where necessary directly with clients.
In addition to client onboarding the Team is also responsible for controlling, reviewing, and maintaining client accurate and complete data which is used for client reporting and tax reporting purposes.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- To maintain accurate and complete client, portfolio, and account master data in relevant systems. Accurate and complete data is critical to efficient and effective operations throughout the business.
- SME for client onboarding, covering the full client base – HNW Private Clients, international clients, trust and corporate clients – for the jurisdictions of Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, UK.
- Point of contact for data discrepancies and omissions for accurate static data used in downstream processes.
- Participate in projects impacted by the team activities.
- Participate in forums and workshops for continuous improvements of end to end process.
- Produce MI and use information as a source for improvements and training.
- Summary of responsibilities
- Creation and presentation of MI surrounding all aspects of the Client Data team.
- Maintenance of client data in the dedicated CDD/AML system and ensure data is complete and accurate, and maintained in a timely manner.
- Exercise sensible judgement in determining client AML risk ratings and review periods and diarise clients for follow-on reviews.
- Assistance in obtaining core client data including identity, residence, source of wealth, source of funds for new monies and completion of any enhanced due diligence that might be required. This info is usually to be obtained with the assistance of client facing staff assigned to the client.
- Operate within the terms of Service Level Agreements with the team’s internal clients, meeting processing deadlines and turnaround time expectations.
- Be an SME for client onboarding, supporting and advising the business with regard to AML requirements, client and account opening, and maintenance. of client and account data, to ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of data is achieved, and where necessary improved.
- Assist with ad hoc projects participating in business wide projects representing the team.
- Assist with various other initiatives, which occur from time to time, within the operations department.
- Understanding technical requirements of the role – type of clients and respective AML/CDD knowledge
- Forming solutions and presenting options
- Understanding others, building relationships with other teams
- Proactive approach
Telephone: +44 (0) 7549 033386