Client Service Executive – Jersey
As a Barclays Client Service Executive you will be based at our Client Service Centers in Jersey. You will be providing an exceptional experience that helps customers to achieve their ambitions and meets their day to day banking needs. We specialise in nurturing customer relationships to help grow the business and strengthen the Barclays brand in the community, while working collaboratively with other Barclays colleagues and living the Barclays purpose and values.
What will you be doing?
• You will be the first point of contact for our International/Offshore clients by telephone, email, online banking and written communications
• Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis, to resolve queries and understand requirements in order to meet their needs successfully
• Participating fully in team meetings and huddles, being proactive in sharing new ideas of how to improve things for the team and for customers
• Personally looking after your own well-being in the workplace and that of your close colleagues, to contribute towards a culture of care
• Putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and understand how everyday products and services can help our customers now and in the future
• Using your time efficiently, adhering to personal work patterns and schedules to meet customer demand and ensure you achieve your own objectives
• Delighting the customer by offering a professional, caring, consistent and outstanding level of customer service, whereby an emotional connection with the customer is built
• Communicate with stakeholders on a daily basis at all levels and across locations
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience of providing excellent customer service either within the financial services industry or a similar customer centric industry
• You will be required to be curious and analytical when gathering information and facts in order to make key decisions and judgement
• Demonstrate understanding of valuing the importance of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
• Strong level of computer literacy and have proficient keyboard skills as these are both essential skills for this role
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A strong level of knowledge and understanding of our digital products, enabling you to proactively educate your customers in using alternative channels of their choice
• Striving to exceed customer expectations and being empowered to deal with customer requests at first point of contact
• Ensuring all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Barclays Policies
Where will you be working?
• We have two offices in Jersey situated in the heart of St Helier, the main town on this idyllic Island. The Barclays offices are surrounded by good quality shops and it’s only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful harbour with numerous sea view restaurants and bars. Barclays in Jersey promotes its ‘Values’ and is at the forefront of everything we do with a business emphasis on our ‘Shared Growth’ agenda with colleagues volunteering to help others in the community they live. We are a dynamic, future focused organisation with employee opportunities for personal development and mobility across the Barclays Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.