Experienced Hire Recruitment Officer
Purpose of the role
To provide effective and efficient support, within the Human Capital (HC) function, to the CI firm (Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney), with a specific focus on executive recruitment of experienced and qualified staff to meet the needs of the business. Reporting to the Recruitment Manager and supervising junior team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
● Contributing to the development of an annual talent acquisition plan and strategy for all lines of
Experienced Hire Recruitment
● Executive Recruitment: Primary responsibility for sourcing and hiring candidates for senior roles, and vacancies which are critical to fill or require a very specific skill set
● Building key relationships with business stakeholders to develop a clear view on their strategic business objectives and skills required for their roles
● Devising and carrying out targeted candidate searches
● Responding to experienced hire vacancies by obtaining a full understanding of the role and its requirements
● Presenting shortlisted candidates and providing detailed profile summaries
● Offering guidance and facilitating the negotiation process through to its completion
● Researching and developing recruiting leads
● Identifying (and building relations with, where applicable) appropriate recruitment sources
● Screening applications
● Conducting and participating in 1st and 2nd stage interviews, ensuring both stages are aligned to the PwC Professional and PwC Values
● Supporting candidates through the interview process with timely, accurate and appropriate communication and feedback
● Extending offers and ensuring a smooth and efficient onboarding process.
● Reviewing the administrative recruitment activities for accuracy
● Involvement in trainee recruitment as and when required.
Work Permits, Visas, and Licences
● Responsible for obtaining relevant work permits/visas to on-board staff across all CI jurisdictions
● Supporting and assisting candidates through the process of obtaining visas through clear, timely and appropriate communications
● Monitoring candidate progress of work permits and visas
● Providing clear guidance to candidates on Housing and Employment Permit requirements
● Oversight of all on-boarding activities ensuring consistent and professional joining experience
● Ensuring all relevant preparations for new joiners are made by timely communications to relevant people and systems
Policies & Processes
● Ensuring that relevant policies and procedures are fit for purpose as well as continuously looking to make improvements to streamline the process
● Agencies: Building and maintaining relationships, maintain contracts/service level agreements (including T&Cs)
● Maintaining the relationship with PwC’s Global Mobility and managing secondees exiting and entering the firm
● Responsible for collating and checking recruitment information (and analysis of that information) for weekly and monthly staff and management reports, including, but not limited to, weekly pipelines, Staff Updates and the HC Report.
Requirements for the role
● Proven experience in a similar role
● Understanding of executive recruitment and methods for carrying this out
● Effective negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
● Strong attention to detail
● Proactive, self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work
● Ability to multitask and deal with several deadlines at once
● Ability to communicate confidently and effectively across a wide spectrum of people (various levels of seniority and experience, different cultural and language backgrounds)
● Ability to learn quickly, adapt to new situations and problem solve
● Appreciation and understanding of technology and Applicant Tracking Systems; experience with Workday, Google tools and recruitment systems would be advantageous. The minimum requirement is being skilled in LinkedIn Recruit, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Appreciation of diversity and an inclusive mindset.
● Resilient and able to cope well under pressure
● Experience in supervising individuals