Description of the Business Line or Department
Hambros Bank was established in the UK in 1839 and was acquired by Societe Generale in 1998, becoming Societe Generale Private Banking Hambros. The longstanding heritage of both Hambros Bank in Britain and Societe Generale in Europe and beyond has culminated in a well-established and trusted private bank.
In June 2016 Societe Generale acquired Kleinwort Benson, a similarly well established and trusted name in private banking, with the intention to combine its activities with those of SGPB Hambros to accelerate its development in the UK and the Channel Islands.
The combined business has over 1000 employees and >£15bn AuM, working across a network of offices in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, and Gibraltar. SGPB Hambros provides extensive wealth planning and fiduciary services, banking and investment services for high-net worth individuals and families around the world.
The Facilities Department is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of SG Kleinwort Hambros premises in Jersey, Guernsey, London, Gibraltar, Newbury, Cambridge, Leeds, and Edinburgh.
- The department provides Facilities support to a combined headcount of 540 employees
- The key objective of the Facilities team at the present time is to:
- Maintain the highest possible standards of facilities management in all locations at a time of significant business change, including provision of services to staff, clients, and subtenants
Summary of the key purposes of the role
In respect of all CI premises:
- Provide general office administration and facilities services to ensure the smooth operation of all premises. This will include filing of opening and closed accounts. Supporting the head of FM in providing reception cover in any unforeseen circumstance.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance activities, including direct assistance where required of:
- Security/call out procedures
- Door access control
- Alarm systems
- RSWEB recording & retrieval of archive documents
Summary of responsibilities
You will report to the Head of Facilities Management (who is based in Jersey) and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the high performance of Facilities Management services to both staff and clients
- Assisting with the delivery of Health and Safety regulations and best practice, and ensuring staff are trained and aware of Health and Safety regulations that relate to their role
- Undertake light maintenance duties to improve the standard of the Bank when required
- Undertake ad hoc facilities projects, assistance and reporting on general matters as required by the Head of Facilities
- Oversee space management and maintain accurate and up to date floor plans for all the premises
- Support Archiving procedures, directly assisting the business when required
- Provide holiday cover to the Head of Facilities (Jersey) and assisting with support and projects in all locations, as required.
- Be the first point of contact for all KH offices in the absence of the Head of Facilities
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships
- Support the head of FM in providing reception cover in any unforeseen circumstance.
- Experience in Banking with a minimum of 2 years operations / facilities experience, with ideally some exposure to filing of open / closed accounts, reception services.
- Some experience managing third party suppliers
- Knowledge of local mail procedures to assist with the outsourced reception team if required.
- Good level of professionalism and reliability
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements and best practices particularly with regards to mail and postal services
- Able to build good strong working relationships with internal partners and teams
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: comfortable liaising with business managers and staff at all levels in the Channel Islands as well as good diplomacy skills
- Good planning skills with a keen eye/ attention to detail
- Well organised, disciplined person with the ability to work to strict timescales
- Proficient in using the usual Microsoft Office Suite tools
Flexible in hours of working and willing to work out of normal business hours when required