A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
As the BDS Finance Executive you will be part of a team of two. You should have good business, technical and commercial skills and be able to apply your knowledge to provide advice to client facing professionals in line with PwC policies and accounting standards. You should be forward thinking, with
an analytical mindset, and be able to develop innovative solutions to support the business growth and profitability targets.
You will report to the Finance Manager, liaising with and working alongside other finance functions. You will develop a network of key finance contacts, within the Channel Islands and the UK, build strong relationships and utilise your skills to improve existing processes.
The principal responsibilities of the BDS Finance Executive are as follows:
● Produce and analyse monthly, quarterly and annual reporting per agreed calendars in a timely manner with a detailed understanding of these reports and ability to respond to queries relating to the reports.
● Completion of ledger controls and clear understanding of the purpose of controls in an internal finance environment to support risk management
● Draft complex and highly complex reporting, including manipulation, judgement and analysis of data, for review and/or completion by the Finance Manager, and ability to perform a reconciliation
● Ability to identify errors through analysing financial information, resolve differences and explain financial movements between periods through preparation of variance analysis.
● Reflecting on current processes and reports and suggests considered efficiency and usability improvements
Skills and Requirements
● Commercial and business minded with understanding of a complex organisational structure
● Action orientated and a self-starter
● Strong analytical and numerical skills and intermediate excel/google sheets skills
● Detailed understanding of and ability to interpret financial reports and present financial data in a user-friendly way
● Strong technical skills and agile across multiple platforms and systems
● Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
● A strong relationship builder who builds trust with and is comfortable approaching key stakeholders
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Solid digital capabilities and ability to identify opportunities for improvement
● Studying towards an accountancy qualification
Right to work in Jersey
● Due to licence restrictions, we are ideally looking for an individual who is entitled to work in Jersey
● This is an office based role, however the firm empowers our people to work flexibly
● Occasional travel/overnight stays may be required