Description of the Business Line or Department
This is a very rewarding role where you will be the first point of contact with many of our clients, members of staff and general maintenance providers requiring access to the premises. You’ll be working with a small team in the Jersey office, but in contact with your new colleagues in Guernsey and Gibraltar on a very regular basis. Teamwork and a can-do attitude are essential for this new Front of House role. You’ll be supported by the inhouse facilities team through your journey.
Hambros Bank was established in the UK in 1839 and was acquired by Societe Generale in 1998, becoming Societe Generale Private Banking Hambros. The longstanding heritage of both Hambros Bank in Britain and Societe Generale in Europe and beyond has culminated in a well-established and trusted private bank.
In June 2016 Societe Generale acquired Kleinwort Benson, a similarly well established and trusted name in private banking, with the intention to combine its activities with those of SGPB Hambros to accelerate its development in the UK and the Channel Islands.
The combined business has over 1000 employees and >£15bn AuM, working across a network of offices in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, and Gibraltar. SG KleinwortHambros provides extensive wealth planning and fiduciary services, banking and investment services for high-net worth individuals and families around the world.
The Facilities Department is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of SG Kleinwort Hambros premises in Jersey, Guernsey, London, Gibraltar, Newbury, Cambridge, Leeds, and Edinburgh
The department is also responsible for managing the Front of House Services in Jersey, Guernsey, and Gibraltar
The team provides support services to a combined headcount of 540 employees.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The key objective of the team is to:
Maintain the highest possible standards of Front of house services in the Jersey office, at a time of significant business change, including provision of services to staff, clients, and subtenants.
- Provide Front of House reception services and general office administration.
- Meeting and greeting visitors in a professional courteous manner, advising the KH host of the visitor arrival.
- Managing the KH switchboard, answering incoming calls and transferring the calls to the appropriate department.
Summary of responsibilities
You will report to the Head of Facilities Management (who is based in Jersey) and will be responsible for:
- Sorting and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail and courier deliveries.
- If required, collect, and deliver mail form the post office.
- Support the ft team in ensuring meeting rooms are, always fit for purpose.
- Provide up to date floor plans for the CI premises.
- Assist with the management of archiving boxes.
- Provide scanning services
- Booking meeting rooms
- Arranging taxi booking as requested
- Respond to incoming faxes
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships
- Some experience managing third party suppliers
- Knowledge of local mail procedures.
- Good level of professionalism and reliability
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements and best practices particularly with regards to mail and postal services
- Able to build good strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: comfortable liaising with business managers and staff at all levels in the Channel Islands as well as good diplomacy skills
- Good planning skills with a keen eye/ attention to detail
- Well organised, disciplined person with the ability to work to strict timescales
- Proficient in using the usual Microsoft Office Suite tools
Flexible in hours of working and willing to work out of normal business hours if required