Job Title: Regulation Consulting IT, Senior Associate
PwC CI’s Regulatory Consulting offering fits within the Network’s Financial Services Regulation team which is a market leading advisory and assurance practice. Globally our team of over 1,000 professional staff is passionate about helping our clients manage risk and regulation in a commercial and strategic way, increasingly so through the application of technology and data. In the Channel Islands, regulatory consulting forms a large part of our advisory team, providing subject matter experts to our clients and the wider PwC network. The team is led by experienced Directors in both islands, and has a strong management team with a proven track record of delivering for our clients.
Our success means we are growing, and consequently looking for talented individuals to strengthen our team. We work closely with client staff at all levels at global organizations. We bring our insight, experience and thought leadership to large, complex projects in our core focus areas:
– Local and International Regulatory Change
– Global Anti-Financial Crime Consulting and Managed Services
– Global Regulatory Technology Implementation
– Supporting local business with regulatory challenges
PwC is looking for experienced professionals, with proven technology/data skills to join our team at this exciting time as we continue to grow our business in line with the wider PwC CI strategy.
About the role
As a member of the Advisory practice, you will be part of a team responsible for identifying and delivering to client requirements in a way that demonstrates value on their investment. You will work closely with Directors and Partners, be involved in a variety of engagements, interacting with clients and building and strengthening business relationships across the region. Being part of a smaller, agile department, you will also have excellent opportunities to be involved in strategic initiatives, have input into the management of the business and contribute directly to the running of the practice. Over time you will become a trusted business advisor, managing a team, defining project strategy for multiple and/or complex projects and other key initiatives of the firm.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in managing and working with complex data sets, including a strong background in database technologies such as SQL. You should be experienced with common data transformation operations such as joins, filters, partitions, grouping, etc. and using these to design reports, produce analytics and interrogate data. Additional experience with comparable data analysis tools such as R, Python, Alteryx or otherwise is also helpful.
You will have also developed core skills in your associated discipline and be able to demonstrate prior experience in financial services and preferably with a specialisation in a specific sector or competency. You will also have an understanding of the local regulatory environment in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
– Knowledge of and experience working with complex data sets and database technology including SQL.
– Ability to build reports, write analysis or otherwise interrogate complex data sets to meet business objectives.
– Experience in understanding client problems and designing relevant, applicable and sustainable technology solutions to meet requirements.
– Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
– Ability to demonstrate awareness of applicable financial services regulation
– Ability to accurately prepare and review reports on technical subject matter
– Comfortable in providing support to less experienced members of the team
– Other data and analytics experience, having worked with tools such as R, Python, Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau or other relevant technology, and using these tools to support the successful delivery of consulting engagements.
– Existing knowledge of Financial Services regulatory frameworks
– Knowledge of applicable technology in the fintech market
– Knowledge of systems in the Financial Services sector would be preferable
– Accounting or associated compliance-based qualification
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their unique strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
Telephone: 07797 839398