Summary of the key purposes of the role
The purpose of the Trust Manager role is to deliver a high quality trust and company administration service, and develop and enhance client relationships; to assist with the revenue budgets for the team; development, training and appraisal of staff, as required; and to assist the Senior Trust Manager with the efficient running of the teams and provide day-to-day management cover as necessary.
- Actively develop and maintain working relationships with complex and/or high net worth clients, intermediaries and internal contacts in order to provide a quality service and provide best possible client offering and maximise returns to Kleinwort Hambros as a whole;
- Manage and develop a complex portfolio of company and trust structures;
- Maintain the highest level of trust and company administration by monitoring the team’s timeliness, accuracy and output and acting as a point of reference in order to minimise business risk and to encourage a culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management, and use the principles of treating customers fairly, i.e. when dealing with complaints/enquiries;
- Prepare resolutions and minutes as required;
- Cash management of client portfolio, including the control and clearance of fees;
- Ensure that team and individual financial and non-financial targets are met in order to maintain a sustainable fiduciary business;
- Assist with completion of all budget calculations;
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of fiduciary responsibility in order to protect the client, yourself, the team and the business;
- To encourage a culture of upholding the Kleinwort Hambros values and act as a role model to the team;
- Contribute and achieve personal and team targets reviewing at monthly intervals throughout the year with Team Leader.
- Work within team to help identify areas for improvement;
- Support team and act as back up where required.
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported;
- Update personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of Kleinwort Hambros is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Attend client meetings as required and maintain full, accurate files/notes of all meetings/calls/conversations using Kleinwort Hambros’ systems to store.
- Profile Required
Competencies and Work Experience
- Good understanding of the relevant laws of the local jurisdiction.
- Understand the basic features of the different types of investment product
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Good numeracy skills and ability to understand routine documents
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills
- Knowledge of business procedures, standards, policies and procedures
- Team Spirit
- Client orientation
- A minimum of ten years relevant trust and company experience.
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries & Administrators or Diploma in Offshore Finance & Administration (pre-professional);
- Or STEP Diploma in International Trust Management;
- Or Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers/IFS;
- Or Trustee Diploma;
- Or Diploma in Trust and Estate Practice;
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different.