Jersey Finance Limited (“JFL”)
Company Registration Number: 78049
Issue Date: 25 May 2018
Version Number: 1.00
Applicable Law(s): The Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 and Regulation (EU) 2016/79 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, together the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “the GDPR”)
At JFL we regard your privacy as important.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website may store on the device you are using to view website content (either your desktop computer, mobile or tablet). The cookie helps the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit.
Cookies do a lot of different things which make your Internet experience smoother and more interactive. For example, they can be used to remember your preferences, user ID or shopping basket contents on the websites you visit often. Cookies act as a memory for the websites you visit and can also be used to help ensure the adverts you see are most relevant to you and your interests.
Most of the data collected by cookies is anonymous, though some are designed to collect data on browsing patterns and approximate geographical location to further improve user experience.
When you visit our site, you may see a Cookies consent pop- up banner which allows us to record your consent to ensure we remain compliant with the GDPR.
The law allows us to store cookies on your computer if they are essential to the operation of our website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by disabling cookie settings, as explained below.
How to turn off cookies
You can stop cookies from being placed on your device, however, this will have an impact on the performance of our website.
If you do still wish to know how to disable your cookies, please follow the guidance from your Internet browser provider.
Types of cookies we use
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies.
- E-Commerce: These cookies are required to operate our website and its services. They include cookies that enable you to use various features, they are also used to log into secure areas. These session cookies expire after a browser session so are not stored longer term.
- Analytical: These cookies count the number of visitors to follow how visitors move around our website. They enable us to see how our website works and make improvements, ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for.
- Persistent cookies.
These cookies are used with your express permission (i.e. when you register with us and have your own login account).
- Preferences: These cookies are used to recognise you. They are stored on your device and used whenever you return to our website. This enables improved login and user experience, i.e. by greeting you by name and remembering your preferences, which may include content that is personalised for you, or settings you have selected (for example, your language or region).
- Targeting: These cookies are stored on your device and allow the preferences or actions of the user of our site to be recorded, such as the pages you visit and/or the links you follow. This information is used to make our website and/or any marketing that we display on the site more relevant to your interests.
- Third-parties: We may also share your ‘Preference/Targeting’ information with third parties for the purpose of improving your experience on our website.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
As defined above, some cookies are set that are essential for the website and online services to operate efficiently.
These cookies do not capture Personal data.
Our website may set third-party cookies. We do not control the operation of third-party cookies. Third-party cookies which may be set on our website include:
- Social Media – we use this for sharing functions (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to provide our email users with convenient access to/from popular social media services.
- SessionCam – our website may also use the SessionCam website recording service. SessionCam is a product that has been developed by SessionCam Ltd. SessionCam may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Data collected by SessionCam is for Jersey Finance’s internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
For any questions relating to your personal data, or to submit a Data Subject Access Request ‘DSAR’, please contact our Data Protection department:
Jersey Finance Limited
4th Floor, Sir Walter Raleigh House,
Jersey JE2 3QB
Phone: +44 (0)1534 836000