investment managers regulated by the JFSC
Underpinned by sound regulation, stability, and security, Jersey caters for the investment needs of individuals and families, charities, professional advisers, and institutions who are looking for offshore investment management. The investment products and services offered are well aligned with the best interests of internationally based clients, including the option to base investment decision-making, custody, ownership and data solely in Jersey.
Why Jersey for Investment Management
- Regulated investment management businesses in Jersey offer a wide range of multi-currency investment products and services, including:
- Bespoke discretionary investment management / portfolio management, covering a range of services tailored to clients’ individual circumstances, attitude to risk and investment requirements. This could include exposure to direct equities, bonds and collectives. Specialist single asset class strategies are also available, depending on the provider
- Multi-manager portfolios – in response to clients’ increasingly demanding a whole-of-market investment service, these are offered on a bespoke basis or through a number of core investment strategies
- Managed portfolio services offering investors a choice of investment strategy, whether that be income generating, preservation of capital, or capital growth
- Specialist ethical and socially responsible investment approaches, reflecting the investors environmental, social and ethical investment requirements via sustainable and impact investment services
- Services for charities and not-for-profit organisations
- The value of total funds under investment management stood at £30.46bn at the end of Q2 2021. These figures do not include the total assets under management within the qualifying segregated managed accounts (QSMA) which stood at £1.3bn at the end of the quarter
- The investment management sector complements Jersey’s significant and well-regarded funds and private wealth sectors, including Jersey trust companies. The sector is also well-served by several Jersey-headquartered international banks
*Statistics correct as at June 2021. Source: Jersey Financial Services Commission Quarterly Reports
Responsible investing is an umbrella term for a variety of different approaches that includes sustainable investing, ethical investing and impact investing, to name a few. They each have their subtle differences, but the primary objective is to evaluate the risks and opportunities associated with the ESG (environmental, social and governance) factors facing investments.
Jersey has been active in this vital area for some time. Sustainable finance, and particularly impact investing, is experiencing strong growth globally.
Regulation and International Standing
Investment management businesses in Jersey are required to be licensed by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for the conduct of investment business and, where the services are being provided to collective investment funds, fund services business. The Jersey Financial Services Commission is a mature and well-respected authority that works closely with other regulators, including the FSA. This gives investors and their advisors peace of mind in the quality and highest standards of Jersey-based managers.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the European Union (EU) have all endorsed Jersey as a top international finance centre. A major report published by MONEYVAL underlines Jersey’s ability to combat financial crime through a sophisticated system of capturing ownership information about entities and structures in the jurisdiction.
Jersey’s reputation as an international finance centre (IFC) of excellence has been endorsed by independent bodies and institutions of the highest standards – see our Awards and Accolades for more information. Our reputation as a quality IFC supports our work in a range of markets around the world, building better futures for global partners and investors.
Understanding Investment Management
What is investment management?
Investment management is the process of professionally managing the various financial securities and assets belonging to an investor, for the purpose of earning maximum benefits.
In the finance industry, an investment professional provides research and information to help traders, fund managers and stockbrokers make decisions about investments. They also help to manage portfolio and highlight potential investment opportunities.
How to become an investment manager?
If you’re interested in a career in investment management, visit our careers page for more information on career opportunities in Jersey, the kind of activities you would perform at work, and the skills you will need.
Find a Jersey Investment Manager or Investment Adviser
Visit our Member Directory for a list of Jersey investment managers and investment advisors, or if you would like further information on the investment management sector in Jersey please contact: