What is Human Resources?
Human Resources (HR) in the finance industry plays a crucial role in hiring, developing and looking after employees in a company.
A HR professional will:
What Human Resources Job Opportunities Are There in Jersey?
There are a variety of HR jobs in Jersey. Roles tend to range across:
- Recruitment, resourcing, and talent planning
- Learning and talent development or management
- Employee relations/engagement
- Performance and reward
HR professionals work in many different settings ranging from a human resources role within a company to a recruitment specialist working for a recruitment agency. The roles can include:
- HR Executive
- Resourcing Manager
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Recruitment Consultant
- Payroll Specialist
- Employee Welfare Manager
What Skills Do I Need?
Gaining professional accreditations is important in this role. The most recognised qualifications are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). These may include:
- Associate Diploma in People Management
- Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development
- Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management
HR is a people focussed industry, so your soft skills will be key to succeeding in HR roles. We asked finance firms in Jersey what skills they are most looking for when hiring HR professionals and they responded:
- Administration skills
- Sensitivity and understanding
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to understand complex regulations and law
- The ability to compile and interpret data