STEP Jersey - Property and issues for directors of companies held by trusts
Thursday 16 Jun 2016, 15:00 - 17:00
Location: Pomme d'Or Hotel, Jersey
Pricing: STEP Members: £70, STEP Students: £50, Non-members: £90
SPEAKERS: Elaine Dobson & David McCluskey
CHAIR: Lorraine Wheeler (First Names Group)
In recent years we have seen an increase in complex corporate health and safety prosecutions. New sentencing guidelines for health and safety offences which took effect this year underscore the serious potential consequences for employers, directors and employees who breach the broad legislative obligations.
David McCluskey will discuss the key considerations for directors and trustees in relation to workplace health and safety, with a particular focus on:
- The range of potential risks for employers, boards and individuals
- The interaction between corporate and individual liability
- The steps directors and trustees can take to ensure compliance and the extent to which they can rely on the expertise of others to meet their obligations.
In addition, Elaine Dobson will present:
- An outline of the property and other legislation affecting Directors of property holding companies.
- An update on new regulations affecting property holding structures.
For more information and to book a place click here.