Together, we provide secure platforms that support future outbound African investment and encourage institutional investors to put their capital to work, through Jersey’s leading international finance centre.
- Recent enhancements to Jersey’s charities law mean we can support philanthropic initiatives, both now and in the future
- We’re developing new opportunities for Jersey firms in Africa and are continually fostering new relationships by attending, sponsoring or hosting multiple events throughout the continent, for the benefit of our Africa-focussed Member Firms
- Jersey’s excellent relations with the City of London mean we’re able to offer a variety of structuring solutions to UK/Africa investment(s)
- The Jersey authorities have sought to engage with the African Tax Administration Forum (ATAF) and other international bodies on how we can support developing countries to enhance their revenue, raising capacity and tackling issues of financial crime
- Jersey has developed a significant tax information exchange agreement (TIEA) network with various jurisdictions including South Africa and Kenya. View the overall position of Jersey on the signing and negotiating of tax agreements
- The Jersey Financial Services Commission (Jersey’s regulator) has agreed a memorandum of understanding with the Bank Supervision Department of the South African Reserve Bank and the Financial Services Board of the Republic of South Africa
Watch our video to find out more about Jersey’s strong relationship with South Africa.
Our business development directors provide bi-annual updates on Africa business development activities, events, visits and other marketing activities to our Community of Interest Group, which comprises of members of Jersey Finance who are focussed on doing business in Africa.
To find out more about working together and joining this group, please contact: email@example.com