Here are a few of the ways we’re working positively with European markets:
- The €200 billion of accumulated investment in the EU mediated through Jersey is helping support roughly 96,000 jobs across the continent, with €188 billion of this invested or settled by individuals or businesses resident outside the bloc.*
- Jersey catalyses tax revenues in the order of €1 billion a year based on net additional foreign investments into the EU or €1.9 billion based on gross foreign investment.*
- We sponsor events around key European cities as part of business development initiatives relating to our key sectors funds, private wealth, capital markets and banking.
- To demonstrate our forward-thinking commitment to international standards, our Island has signed:
- 39 Tax Information Exchange Agreements (for example with Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Latvia)
- 13** DTAs (for example with Luxembourg, Malta and Estonia)
Thanks to our investment products and wealth management vehicles, our work with the Europe markets benefits everyone.
*Source: Jersey’s Value to Europe, 2016
**as at December 2018 (Source: Government of Jersey)