The event was led by Faizal Bhana, our Director – Middle East, India and Africa, and Abdulhafeez Noorani, Partner, CMS Kenya | Daly Inamdar Advocates, and featured keynote speeches from Robert Hutchinson, Partner, Control Risks and Rajul Malde, Commercial Director, Pwani Oil Products Limited.
Following this, Collette Akwana, Partner, CMS Kenya | Daly Inamdar Advocates moderated a panel session featuring:
- Ally Jaulim, Head of Business Development, Standard Bank International Fiduciary Services
- Wasim Noorani, Partner, Innovus Group
- Sheetal Patel, Director – Projects and Control, KAYDEE
- Steven Ogwapit, Managing Director, United EA Warehouses Limited
- Nina Auchoybur, Managing Director, Ocorian
The event was a huge success, attracting more than 60 guests and more than 30 family businesses. We look forward to continuing the conversations and hosting further events in Mombasa and Nairobi soon.
To find out more about African family businesses, read an article written by our Director for the Middle East, Africa and India, Faizal Bhana, titled ‘Robust Governance and Planned Succession are Key for African Family Businesses‘.
You may also view pictures from the event on our Flickr album.