We work with a whole range of national and international financial services firms based in Jersey. Browse our business directory for more information, or to search for a specific organisation.
Our Work in the United Kingdom
Jersey is ideally placed to support business that moves through the UK market. Here’s why:
- Our Island is a ‘jurisdiction of choice’ for listing holding companies on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- We’re frequently part of the same transaction chain, client relationship and conduit process as the City, facilitating clear deployment of mobile international capital, which is vital to the operation of free markets and the global financial system
- Jersey has the most FTSE 100 companies registered outside the UK
- As a company, we host a funds conference and private wealth conference in London every year, each attracting more than 400 professional attendees from across the UK finance industry
- We also sponsor events around the UK, providing support and focus for business development in relation to Jersey’s key sectors
- Recent research by Cebr shows that £62bn of UK economic activity each year on average was supported by Jersey, representing 2.9% of total UK output facilitated by Jersey’s financial services industry
- Jersey is home to 20 UK and global banks, including over a third of the world’s top 25 banks
Jersey’s tax neutrality, range of wealth management and investment vehicles, and high quality service means that we’re ideally placed as an offshore jurisdiction for fund structuring, private wealth management, listings and banking in relation to international business flowing through the UK’s financial markets.
Jersey's Contribution to the UK
Recent research from the Centre for Economics and Business Research (Cebr) has quantified the full extent of Jersey’s global economic footprint and our contribution to global value chains (GVCs), through the metrics of GDP, employment and wages. It’s clear that our financial services industry is adding significant value to the UK and global economies. As the UK continues to strengthen its position in the world as a Global Britain, there are considerable opportunities to work together and to build on our existing relationship in British finance in the years ahead: